Are either of you familiar with the Formula 14 class specs? We've got 14'3" of waterline to play with, and 300 sq.ft. of sail. Running without the reacher isn't even being considered, especially after the H14Ms showing at Spring Fever 2004.

In the picture, the mast is shown with no rake because it was easier to draw it that way; it will be raked back a bit. The mainsail area is ~140sq.ft. The reacher will likely be the same.

The hull rocker more closely resembles the AHCP Capricorn and a few other F18s I've looked at. I only have 14'3" to work with, so I can't have the long clean straight lines they get. I have that steep rocker in the back so I can really leverage myself off the stern of the boat to keep the bows up without too much bouyancy fighting against me.

I haven't done cross-sections yet, but the hulls will have a high Cp, with the volume down very low. The bows will curve back together at the top, with pretty much no flat deck ahead of the mast beam. The reason for the tall bows is to allow me to create this curved section without compromising the shape, and to give me the extra "stuff it" ability in heavy air while carrying the reacher. It shouldn't add much weight at all, and the extra windage should be minimized by the curved shape.

On the off-chance you didn't notice, clicking on the picture takes you to a much larger version.

G-Cat 5.7M #583 (sail # currently 100) in Bradenton, FL Hobie 14T