A lot of light air sailors did well in that race, and were denyed their proper place earned in a properly run light air race. Was my best race of the week too, that's what I frequently sail in. Maybe I should have called foul because the heavy air was not fair to me since that's not what I usually get to sail in.
Who threw out the race when our boat capsized in the heavy squall? Seems the same to me . . .
What idiot ever protests the RC anyway? Guess they have no damn clue how hard RC's across the country work to put on fair races for us.
Damn Shame was the Protest Committee Judges listened to these So-Called Experts who claimed there was not 5kts of wind, The hotshots didn't like their poor performance and whined, and they got their way. Even after we found a wind source which recorded and displayed 6-11 knots of breeze during the race, the Protest Committee Judges were too stubborn to change their minds and publicly admit they were wrong in the first place. Glad those "officials" don't live in our area, I'd have a hard time selling a regatta.
That "judgement" was a Travesty, a blow to honest well meaning RC's everywhere.
If you can't trust the Judges, why do we bother with any rules?
Seems to me they've set a bad precedent, I will value this as a guideline to fairness when I sit on protest commitee.
Lesson learned on how NOT to make judgements.
This judgement was WRONG.

CARY
ACAT XJ Special
C&C 24