Please give your opinion on F12 as an Single Manufacturer One Design (SMOD), One-design (OD) or as a Formula setup.

There is no need to hide what my initial opinion about this topic was. That is well known.

But I still feel a need to discuss this issue in more detail with the interested people. I may well change my opinion.

So please give me (us) your opinion about what you think the F12 should be :

-1- A SMOD (Single Manufacturer One Design) with possibly license building by other companies. Like the Laser

-2- A OD (One Design). The design is fixed but with some freedom in certain area's like sails and rudders. Like the Tornado.

-3- A Formula setup like the F18's, the F16's and A's.

Please explain your opinion by discussing the following points :

-1- What is best for the youths and teenagers. (we forget about the adults in this)

-2- What is best to keep costs low

-3- What is best to achieve sufficiently fast and deep market penetration

-4- What is best to achieve sufficiently fairness in racing

-5- What is best to achieve a fast and well behaved boat that can engage the competition (laser, 29-ers, twixxy etc) and come out on top.

-6- What is best to see the F12 suit the largest group of people who have an interest in the F12

-7- What is best to get this F12 of the ground and not have it fade away once the going gets tough (and it will get tough at one point)

-8- Any other reason you feel is important to consider

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands