My experience of using windsurfing rigs on a multihull does not match your mathematical models, from your comments it appears you have developed your own VPP. It does not seem to be giving realistic results. Perhaps it does not scale well.

Well, up till now my models have accurately predicted the F16 and (Darryls) F14 performance (using the F18 reference model) despite strong initial disagreements in both camps. There may still be errors in the models I use (I'm not perfect) but as of yet I have not encountered one and I'm 2 validations ahead of the other guys.

And obviously going from F18 to F16 and F14 is a scaling operation. Now that it is validated on those two designs I really don't expect it to crap out on me for the F12. Certainly not by any great amount, such a thing would be illogical considering earliers hits.

My experience of using windsurfing rigs on a multihull does not match your mathematical models,

Yes, how is your twin rigged four-hulls doing. I must admit that I'm very interested in that design. It is sufficiently awkward to provide good validation data or show where the models can be further perfected.

appears you have developed your own VPP.

I'm not using hulldrag predictions if that is what you means. I found this approach to be far too sensitive to designer induces modelling errors (= oversights). Over the years I've found much better accuracy in scaling performances. Granted, the further you move away from the reference that ties the model to reality the less accurate the predictions become, but it still smashes the accuracy of "hull drag and sail power guesses".

Like I said performance scaling as hit bullseye two times already with the F16's and F14's. So I has some credit to claim here.

I'm an old school engineer.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands