(3mx1.5m).

I've only came across 2.5 x 1.25 mtr and 8'x4' ply sheets. And so that is what I used in my 5 sheet quote. This is the very reason why a Timber Taipan is 4.96 mtr long instead of 5.0 mtr.

If 3.0 x 1.5 mtr. are available then the F12'10" can be build from 3 sheets as well.

Listen up guys. Don't wander around with your eyes closed. The difference between 12 foot and 12'10" is ONLY 10 inches ! For the longer hull you only need 0.40 sq. mtr more ply in total = ONLY 6.5 % more ply. That is not a big area AT ALL.

And I've been telling you many times before. There will never be more then a single sheet of ply difference between both design. As the shipping cost will remain the same and such the longer hull is at the very maximum 50 Euro's more expensive. That is IF the 12 foot hull can be made using one sheet less, which is really doubtful as the difference in material usage is so small (6.5 %).

Is this really so hard to understand ?

The difference between 12 and 12'10" is by far too small in the areas of costs, weight and of ease building to matter.

But it isn't too small to matter in the areas of performance, dive resistance, control and sail carrying ability.

Wouter

My mistake I meant to use the 2.5mx 1.25m ply in my example, you can build a 12ft boat from 3 sheets of that. But it takes 5 to build your 12'10". 5-2 is 2 sheets by my reckoning. I am sure you could build 12"10'from 4, but thats not your design is it?

The only one who is blind to the argument is you, sure you can build a boat that carries more power or weight if it is bigger , that argument applies to any boat no matter how long. But the whole point of this is that you can build a boat that has enough buoyancy and sail for children at 12ft. There are already enough boats to cater for teenagers its just not needed in my opinion.

I will wait to see Phils design.

Gareth