But the whole point of this is that you can build a boat that has enough buoyancy and sail for children at 12ft.

Straw man argument.

Hell, I can even build a 6 foot box out of a single sheet of ply that will float children about. Stick a handkerchief on a broomstick and call it a sailboat. Why don't we do that ?

Well, unlike some others here I also try to satisfy some other design goals like making a nice link up with larger catamarans and having enough attractiveness to have kids come back and stick with sailing. Or have we all forgotten how several youth program leaders told us how the kids and even instructors used to fight over the FASTER catamarans while the small and save mono's were ignored ?

I'm not looking to make an imitation bravo or catsy. What would be the point, these boats already exist ? (and most likely don't work well enough to compete with the mono competition)

Seems to me some of you guys just want these bravo's and catsy's but then only pay US$ 900 instead of the US$ 2745 charges for the Bravo.

You want to have your cake and eat it too.

Obviously that is not going to happen.

But hey, if you feel that I'm blind and giving you bad advice then so be it ... afterall it is your time and money that will be wasted not mine.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands