Been really busy, so I would like to quickly state my feelings and vote for the direction of the project. I feel that a vmg boat would be best suited for children 13 and up. There are 1000s of slow under performing monos and pretty much anything hobie makes would work. They can be had cheap used. My experience tell me that even the richest parents are not going to spend even 3000$ for a 7-13 year old to have a high performance sailboat. Especially if they can’t sail the boat. I would like my full size friends and crew to be able to use it as well because they are not ready for a full on racing cat yet.

But name me a high performance boat for 13 and up year olds 3000$???

Rick Claims says the Wave is as fast as a H16 with a hooter. Well lets compaire prices. A wave is 4,295 plus a 200 delivery fee. Plus tax comes to 4860. Plus whatever rick charges for a hooter. I would guess he charges 700$, maybe more with all the blocks and pole. So that its 5560. The wave is wider and I have yet to see someone cartop one, or hear of someone doing it. So add 550 for a trailer. 6110. Plus, I am not sure that that F12 needs beach wheels, but the wave does. 6510. or 217%.

It might be a great boat, but it is not comparable. No boat is, that is the point.

Probably won’t get a chance to post for a while. So please keep my vote in mind, as I would like to participate in the class in the future. My 7-13 year old kids will not be getting a new boat though. Assuming they even want to sail, which I am not sure they will.