Berny,

you're coming across as tired and bitter. I'm not sure if this angst is because of your own experiance with the F14 or whether its because you don't think the people working here value what you achieved with that design or what.

Like many here I really like your boat and while I've not seen it in the flesh my understanding is that the performance is quite amazing. That being said, I believe if you were targeting youth catamaran sailors in the current market you missed your mark slightly. I was 18 before I could afford to buy a 15 year old Hobie 14 and until then I was stuck sailing other people's boats. As you are aware in the current situation most kids are learning to sail on monos and the ones who have parents willing and able to buy them new boats are as a result typically looking towards monohulls.

If the F12 initiative is successful then there should be a whole new market for F14 designs as kids grow out of these beginner boats and start looking for the next step. No-one is going to go from an F12 to an A Class.

It is my belief that the majority of people posting here are looking for a low cost entry level way to get kids sailing cats. Something which I thought was also a priority of yours.

In answer to your questions about market surveys etc the fact is that RG has 5 people about to start building his design and I have 3. This is all based on word of mouth and posts on this site. Once these boats are in the water they will then be able to be used for further promotion in magazines etc. But to have 8 people willing to spend their own cash based upon a concept alone suggests we are on the right track.

If you have actual valuable feedback, I'm sure it would be very welcome as you have in fact been there and done that, however, if you are going to continue to sit on the side lines taking pot shots at others please take it to Sailing Anarchy where that sort of thing is more welcome.

Regards

Chris Tucker