You are indeed right about the vang part, I had overlooked that part. Thanks

Fact of the matter still remains the F12 project was not started as a very young kid project and I was indeed the one who started the F12 project so I should know. It was started as a youth boat and as an entry boat to cat sailing. Otherwise I would have remained with the Blade 12 project which I specifically didn't.

And I do indeed resent the fact that in this project we have a tendency to cover the same points over and over and over again because someone like Berny is not up to speed on the status of the project. I also suspect that he is bitter over the problems his 430 encountered. I know that he publically blamed me personally for that partly, because influencial persons like myself (his words) didn't support it enough. So yes I guess I want him to shut up and lets things sort themselves out. Their is no reason why the F12 can't not succeed were the F14 failed. Reality sometimes works that way.

Now indeed, like others I think the AO-14 and 430 (F14's) are excellent designs, I just never really saw how they fitted in marketwise. I thought/think that they missed the mark in the balance between costs and what you got for it. Sorry, that is how I always felt about it. I also think that the very same danger is lurking the F12's, but that is another topic.

But to try and say that is the reason you cannot have an F12 for children is just nonsense.

Despite my gaff earlier I still don't believe that the F12 as currently defined is well suited to kids (below 10 years of age) sailing it alone. If that was the goal then I would favour different specs altogether.

With respect to pretty much all the other stuff I write, I have full scientific proofs written out + experimental data to support it, others may call that "useless mathematics", so if I sound factual there then that is because I'm convinced that I am.

I appologies for my frustration showing through my writing. I know it is popular to jump the Dutch guy, but alot of it is not deserved. And I don't think others have the right to simply demand that F12 is now for young kids because they personally want it to be that way. This is sort of like the same thing you accuse me off but then in reverse. I know you want it to be for young kids, but I don't throw that in your face all the time, do I ? I guess I've heard you accusing me of "not wanting kids" more then enough by now,

Sorry !

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter; 12/11/07 06:10 AM.

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands