Originally Posted by pilgrim

Your blog is very interesting since I have i have a supply of 6mm clear pine strips 5m long.... What cloth did you use for the outside and the inside of your Blade?

160gsm I think it is. Dont remember exactly what we bought two years ago. We apply it +-45 deg to the wood fibers.
I would consider removing 1mm or even 2mm from the strips if I was going for a min weight boat, depending on the weight of the wood and how much epoxy it soaks up.
Strip planking is slow!

Originally Posted by pilgrim

I made a fuselage for a scale model glider using balsa strip in the same way as you built your Blade - left /right halves but when it came to joining I had problems with warping/ twisting. Eventually I tapped them together and when it cured I discovered that the fuselage had a built in twist.... did you have any problems with twist in the left and right halves?

We dont know yet. First match up is hopefully next week or the week after. It takes time to do 6 identical hull half panels but we are now almost done with panel #7 and well into #8.
As long as both sides are glassed the material is relatively stable. I have checked with experienced strip plank builders and they are in favour.