Wayne,

Thanks for your input. I will have a glass layer over everything for wear resistance. I dont think carbon is that bad. In aviation , models and full size, there is ample use of carbon in staggered multiple layers that allow taper in skin thickness without hard spots and stress concentrations to develop.
I also thought about the placement of the main beam and decided to place it 5 cm aft of the center. I will keep the rear beam 2m aft of the main beam like the Viper which leaves me 40cm between the rear beam and the transom. Thats a bit short so I will have to engineer a gantry like the Bitsa.

Rolf,
The cloth was distorted in places when I was draping it dry over foam. I smoothed it with a wide brush after draping. I applied the epoxy working from the middle to the ends. I use a 24 hr cure epoxy so I had enough time but it was very tiring because of the sheer area of the hull. When I applied the epoxy with the plastic spackle knife over the cloth I noticed that parts I worked on before had 2-3 cm air bubbles that just kept on returning even after I smoothed them down repeatedly with the spackle knife. The curved hull bottom was not affected and only the vertical sides.Next time I will cover the hull in parts and vacuum bag the cloth to the foam.

Even with a flash coat of epoxy applied to the foam beforehand, I used much more epoxy than I expected. The cloth was not shiny after application so I dont think I flooded the cloth so it must be that the Divinycell soaked up the resin like a sponge. I am anxious to weigh the hull...

Shane