Technical stuff

Divinycell foam H80 thickness 10mm is used throughout except for the transom, major bulkheads and the area around where the centreboard exits which use H160 density.

Strip are cut to apporx 13-15mm width for strip planking using a large Olfa paper cutter and an aluminium channel for a guide. H80 cuts like medium density balsa wood and H160 like heavy balsa... no need to get a circular saw. No dust with a cutter...

I fiiled in the gaps in the strips with epoxy mixed with lighweight filler. I didnt edge glue it while assembling but put it all together with nails and tape and after the foam strips are in place I went over it with a spackle knife. On the first day I filled in the gaps between the nails and the tape, then after the epoxy cured 12 hrs later I removed the nails and tape and spackled the rest of the hull.

Applying plastic to the mold, tacking the foam to the mold and the first pass of spackling took a whole day working from 9am to 11pm with my friend helping me out for most of the time.

Shane