Wow Lesburn,
Thats very close to what was in my head. The only changes I would make are to have the for'ard sections go from vertical sides amidships to more of a teardrop section at the bow. that would reduce weight forward. And same for the after sections behind the trampoline so that if you trapeze way behind your footing is at a better angle to help from being slung forward in a near pitch pole. I think the Viper has a good design there.

i am thinking of adapting a method of building model airplane wings where you laminate a skin of glass/ wood strip on mylar sheets then vacuum bag to a flat surface. When cured, the mylar is peeled off, the sheet can be cut to shape and applied to the mold frames for the hull sides. It would still be flexible because only one side of the wood strips would have fibreglass, the other side would have the fibreglass applied after the rest of the sheeting is done. The advantage is that sheet has one side practically faired and finished because the mylar will leave a glossy perfectly smooth finish. If this method can be used for the hull sides, half the fairing is taken care of..

Still have to work out the details...

Need some info on scantlings..

For Okoume plywood F16s -
What weight of cloth is used and what thickness for the okoume plywood?

For strip planked F16s - What thickness wood and what weight cloth?

I can easily get Alumimium T5 hardness of circular section for the cross beams. Are these suitable? 100mmm or 125 mm?

thanks,
Shane

Last edited by pilgrim; 09/12/09 11:26 AM.