Originally Posted by pilgrim
Its a bit disappointing how little detailed information is available.. so I hope that others who want to try homebuilding will have a path to follow.. albeit strewn with the debris of my failures and misteps.

Shane

Without wishing to detract from what Shane has already done, IMO there are a huge loads of information about on building in Carbon and Glass and even greater amounts on boat building in general, but it is a pain to find quickly and time consuming to piece together but then if it was all so easily available then we would all be building our own boats.

Shanes approach of just getting on with things is possibly the best way in reality as I seemed to spend far to much time researching things but I'm not sure it could lead to small mistakes that turn into major problems. Fortunately the type of small scale construction we are using is pretty forgiving and with just a bit of over engineering we seem to not break to many bits.

My recommendation to anyone contemplating building a boat is to look at the LR2 blog as a possible alternative method, it is a good and easy path to follow and builds pretty good boats relatively quickly. cool