You might have closed the pores in the foam with thickened epoxy (epoxy+microballons) mixed to a slurry and applied before placing the glass. (20/20 hindsight is not difficult, especially not while behind the keyboard).
I dont have much experience in glassing foam parts without vacuum. With wood it is imperative to not glass while the temperature is rising. Outgassing from wood is a problem. I dont know if divinycell is similar. What I do know is that the more you work the cloth after epoxy is applied, the harder it becomes to do a good job. Pushing air into the cloth.
When applying cloth over large pieces, I find it best to roll it on really carefully. Cloth that have been folded is never 100%, neither is cloth that have had any kind of force applied to it as it stretches and wrinkles so easily.
If I can choose, I prefer to put on the glass in a horizontal position. I find it much easier to get a good result if gravity helps me. Draping/applying epoxy to the "bottom" of the part first will distort the cloth when you come to the "flat" hull side.
You probably know all this from your RC building. I am just throwing out information that might be useful for others reading the forum.

Did you weight the resin and cloth before applying? If you do, you can track your progress while applying the cloth.

I think you are doing well. Keep up your efforts and you will be sailing soon. We have spent 1.5 years on our strip plank boats..