There is a Weta forum over on Yahoo Groups.

I took my first extended ride on one a couple of weeks back with owner on board (at my insistance!).

My impressions...great little craft. Took me quite some time to adjust my steering response coming off the Tornado. The Weta felt quite sensitive on the helm...more like I would expect a small dinghy/laser to steer like. The T tracks well and while the helm only needs fingertip control and is well balanced, I found myself constantly over steering the Weta. Boat would turn up/down so freely compared to the T. This made finding & staying in the fast groove quite challenging.

I found the gennaker sheet loading to be quite high with only the one auto-ratchet block setup. This made hand holding for more than a few minutes at a time quite difficult. Loading on the hand seemed higher than we get on the tornado in similar breezes (we run two ratchets...one auto load sensing, one manually switched...per side in 10+ knots). I would definitely look at adding a second ratchet on the weta setup (might violate the class rules though...could lobby the class for this option).

We saw a best speed on the gps of low 12 knots. Not bad for 10 kts wind and two big guys on board.

Mike.

Last edited by Tornado; 10/06/09 11:25 AM.

Mike Dobbs
Tornado CAN 99 "Full Tilt"