Had a good look at '08 WETA. Boat was lightly used, stored indoors. Some build observations have me concerned. There is no mast shoe or base to protect what is a bare carbon tube. Abrasion was quite noticeable. Mast step was top deck mounted, had no direct support structure below though laminate was thicker in this area, perhaps concealing a plate, no compression cracks were evident. Mainhull was stiff in the tankwall areas and bow, otherwise soft from **** forward at sidewalls. Layup appearance was quite fair. Floats had appearance of poorer lay-up, appeared wavy when sighted down the sides. This may be build quality not necessarily compression, however there was minor delamination or topside surface compression cracking forward of forward vertical support post on starboard. Floats appeared sound at the mating surfaces. The mainhull's internal amas mount sockets appear to be bare carbon tube, a difficult fix, should wear or leaks develop. Mast sections with external trac appeared high quality, sleeved "carbon on carbon", again a potential repair area. Foils and hardware appeared well done, not all thru-hull hardware had backups. Sails, battens, and stitching looked well made, boltrope showed excessive wear, typical of Mylar sails. Overall, I'd like to see a newer build for comparison. There were enough potential problem areas to give me pause. I realize low volume and cost effectiveness go "hand n' hand", but believe there is room here for mfg. improvements, guaranteeing a robust product for initial and potential second hand owners.