G'day Erice our one is 2 months old now so I'll enquire about the mast foot, we have the big hatch in the front. Our downhaul arrangement might be different, we have two little V cleats on the decks about 2 feet apart that you have to pull the sheet level with the deck whereas a single swiveling cam cleat would allow us to adjust the downhaul as needed from anywhere on the boat. When you sail solo if you are in a decent breeze with the three sails up do you have to go forward and adjust your downhaul? Our tramps have open pulleys (which look like they’ve been put on the wrong way) and V cleats to hold it that don't line up with the direction the tramp is pulling it, I think it's designed so you don’t have to untie the knot to take the amas off but when they come a bit loose they come off the pulley. The jib and gennaker halyards tie off to big 5 inch cleats so I have to pull hard and tie off then roll up the halyards which are held about 3ft up the mast by velcro, the jib brushes past this lump every time it flaps, it's also time consuming and impossible to adjust on the water so I sail the boat for a while then take it to the beach and tighten, all it needs is 3 swiveling cam cleats at the mast base so you thread the 2 halyards and downhaul through them, easy to adjust easy to set and pack up. These are little problems which is why overall I think its a good boat for what it is. The block problems I'm sorting out but if we get the next one for our disability program we'll order it without blocks so we have clear decks and don't have holes every where.
regards

Jeff Southall
Current boats
Nacra 5.8 1703 Animal Scanning Services
Nacra 5.8 1667 Ram Raider
Nacra 18 Square
Arrow 1576