G'day 16nut, glad to here someone putting up some useful info about the Weta, I did 2 weeks of sail training then sailing on Saturdays which probably added up to 40 hours this year on the Weta. Personally I think the Weta is a 420 dinghy with training wheels, I've had the racing 420 with spin planeing which required less effort and went not a lot slower than the Weta. If you put all the extra sail area on a 420 the Weta has it would kill it and take half the time to set up. As for the disability side I suppose it's the degree of disability, I spent about 9 Saturdays coaching and helping, then put together a team to sail the Weta off the beach here. The skipper is an ex A class sailor that lost his legs, his crew had a stroke has limited mobility cant look down, has no balance and takes a long time to make a decision, I consider these guys disabled. They tow the boat to the water, set it up, sail it, pack it up, tow it back to the shed, wash it, put it away, with no assistance now. The problem with the Weta is the people selling them saying to novices they can go out in 25 knots when they cant hold the boat on the beach in that, when the boat capsizes in the shallows and cant turtle, the air pressure in the ama wont let you undo the hatch cover to right the boat. We had to sink the ama by standing on it and wrenching the boat after the boat capsized in 18 knots. I have strong arms and hands, I ultrasound up to 5000 sheep a day (not a misprint) by pushing a probe into their guts and then push them out the crate all with my right arm and still couldn't undo the cover. The fittings on the boat are really poorly thought out, the hatch covers only turn half a turn to lock and nip up, I'm putting handles on the hatches to provide purchase for removing them, the ama’s get water in them, when I phoned the supplier for support and told them where we’re located I got the Homer Simpson, Duuuu. I still think their not a bad boat for what they are, the people saying they have similar performance to a Hobie 16 or similar aren’t lying to you they're just bull shitting they’re not really a cat they’re a safe dinghy.
As for the Hobies, unfortunately we don’t get any Hobies that come to our club so I couldn’t guage their performance and last time I tried to sail with the Hobies in Adelaide they sailed away and did their own thing leaving us other boats to race.
Just my thoughts since you asked

Jeff Southall
Current boats
Nacra 5.8 1703 Animal Scanning Services
Nacra 5.8 1667 Ram Raider
Nacra 18 Square
Arrow 1576