OKAY, so why aren't you living in the yurt in Saskatchewan??
What is stopping you? My guess is what you are saying is that you want THE REST OF US ALSO living in a yurt in Saskatchewan. And that's where I part company with your thinking. IF you want to go, GO. But leave me out of your vision of what the world should look like. Looking around my environment, I'm pretty happy with all the things I've got and how they operate.

In Canada, (the utopia of the north) IF they are required to drill duplicate wells, I can't imagine the added cost of production. Seems ridiculus to have that type of failsafe. But I'm not doubting the regulation. Canada has been poorly administered for years and years and all you need to do is view their healthcare system to see what effect the liberals have had on that country.

NOBODY that I'm hearing is blaming President Obama for the A-C-C-I-D-E-N-T. Did President Obama try to get stricter restrictions through? I don't think so. To say he wouldn't have been able to because of Republican opposition is downright ignorant of the facts. HE OWNS THE CONGRESS. HE CAN DO WHATEVER HE WANTS. EVER HEAR OF A SUPER-MAJORITY?

Finally, I am worried about your warped view of the current economic situation. What you seem to be saying is that we AMERICANS refuse to pay for anything. Do you not pay taxes? I do. Lots of them. Quarterly I send the equivilent of 1/2 a new BMW to the US TREASURY. What your liberal politicians choose to buy with those taxes (and plenty more they borrow from the Japanese and Chinese) is where your anger should be pointed. We have a 13 trillion dollar deficit. Clearly we are spending money. Money we don't have.

The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised. - George Will
"It's not that liberals aren't smart, it's just that so much of what they know isn't so" -Ronald Reagan