Tom and Les,

Ok,..14-15,...this is the point where my stock sail ( 160sf) is;
1. full downhaul,
2. max mainsheet,
3. outhaul max tight,
4. mast rotation ( check groove at mast base, not arm[it bends and gives you a false reading]) just forward of rear beam,
5. traveler out 6-8 inches,
6. dagger-board up 12 inches
7. and the top 3 foam battens are replaced with solid fiberglass one ( no power from top part of sail)

....you can get all this data from the f-16 forum here, Wouter and the Austrailian T-4.9 sailers actually have a database of past articles,..plus they are very responsive to help out,.....to date, I can find no I-17 database such as this.

8. At 15 +, down goes the stock 160sf sail,..up goes the Charle Ogletree 150sf Pentax,...6 inches cut off the luff,..head to foot.........the boat goes from handleing like a pitbull on a short lease,...back to a sweet sailing machine,...and just rips full throttle,.

.....never has the rudders done anything but be 'finger-light'.

9. Since I canot get you guys to come sail down here, and I do not have to sail against you ...I gave you my research for the last 2 years,...90% came from the F-16 Forum gang.

10. a Aussie T 4.9 champ shared with me,..once I touch the mainsheet, I am changing the draft and shape of the sail, and am guessing as to what is going on,...all bad things in solo Uni sailing upwind.
Since then,....I never touch the mainsheet from max tight,..even in 30+ storm conditions,...I just travel down until the boat gets'happy'...

Again,....what are you doing with your boards?

regards,

Bruce
St. Croix