Lets try again Bill.

>All SCs were sold without spinnakers. That was before 1992, 1978 through 1991. In 1992 the product name was changed to ARC products and spinnakers and self tacking jibs etc became an option or standard on all products, the 22, the 27 and the 30. See the Aquarius-Sail.com web site for this information.
SE- You need to talk to the people at Aquarius Bill.
According to their website, as of five minutes ago, NO Aquarius boats are sold with a standard spinnaker.

>These products were/are designed with spinnakers.
SE- Then why are they sold with out spins?

>I'm sorry I forgot, the 22 also has the CB trunk located right behind the main beam to prevent lee helm with spinnaker up.
SE- So the non-spin SC 20 had the boards directly behind the front crossbar? Are the ARC 22 boards different from the SC 20 boards?

>I am saying that moving the CB forward is a better way to trim a boat out with spinnaker than raking the mast back which leaves the rudder overloaded and the CB underloaded sailing to windward without spinnaker. The boat will sail to windward like this but the induced drag from the CB and rudder is greater than it could be. The boat is out of trim sloop rigged.
SE- Why did you intentionally design many of the Supercat and SC boats "out of trim".

>A boat with centrboards moved forward to accomodate the forward migration of sail center of effort due to the spinnaker and downsized boards to match the smaller side load they now are expozed to in this new forward location and upsized rudders to match the new increased side load they are exposed to due to the forward located centerboard HAS THE SAME CENTER OF LATERAL RESISTANCE as the boats original CB/rudder arrangement. The advantages here are: 1) that the centerboard is so far forward that the sail CE with spinnaker up cannot get in front of the centerboard and cause lee helm. 2) With spinnaker down the centerboard and rudder are sized to match the loads they are exposed to and this results in minimum induced drag from the CB and rudder, a faster boat to windward.
SE- Which boat are you referring to, The ARC 22,27,30 or the ARC 21?

> At the recent Tradewinds Regatta I sailed an ARC 17 against several other boats for my first time in 25 years.
SE- The ARC 17 came out in 2003 and you raced a number of times last year on ARCs.

We sailed poorly, went three times around the long course when I should have sailed two times around the short course, in the first heat. Then on Sunday my crew, who had never sailed on the boat or with a spinaker before, thought we shouldn't try the spinnaker in the 20 knot winds so we didn't. We still won the open class on corrected time and did finish a couple of heats first boat across the finish line. Our assigned PN was 70.2. That number is coming down as a data base is developed for the ARC 17 with spinnaker.
SE- Such a sad story.
Speaking of the ARC 17, someone was asking about racing an ARC 17 under iF18.
This begs the question, why did you come out with an ARC 17 instead of an ARC 18, built to iF18 Class rules?
Or an ARC 21 instead of an ARC 20 built to F20 Class rules?
Why do you and Aquarius continue to hide from Class competition?
Do you actually think you will sell more oddball ARC 17s than you would sell ARC F18s?
Well, if ARC F18s lost every race then you probably wouldn't sell many.

What about an ARC F18HT? You brag about “state of the art” construction.

iF18 Class - 63.5 dPN, 397lbs, 183sf main, 44.7 jib, 226sf spin
ARC 17 - 68.3 dPN, 350lbs±, 206sf main, 51.0 jib, 290sf spin
F18HT - 60.0 dPN, 287lbs, 215sf main, no jib, 215sf spin

The ARC 17 weighs 11.8% less and has a 12.6% larger main, a 14.1% larger jib, a 28.3% larger spin, (20.6% larger sail area overall) than an F18.

The ARC 17 has a sail area(sf) to weight(lbs) ratio of 1.563, the F18HT is 1.498, the F18 is 1.143.
The ARC 17 has a higher “horsepower” to weight ratio than the F18HT and iF18 and yet it competes with a dPN of 70.3.
What do you prove when you "win" a regatta with a totally bogus handicap number?

I repeat this question:
> P.S. You never have told us the name of the other "boardless 17foot beachcat" that yours is so much better and faster than.