>It now all comes down to who you believe most. <
>I had enough of the shared lift farytale. I think John Pierce said it right, we are really talking about the same thing here.<

You MISPELLED farytale (fairytale), your getting as bad as Bill, in the drama department. So you like to use drama, too?

>Loading up the rudders by mast rake or loading up the rudders by placing the
daggerboards forward both lead to the same end result.<

I disagree. Same result, but from my experience there is a difference you may NOT have considered (luff perpendicular)? There is a difference in acceleration, and top speed is basically the same (hull speed). Over ten years of R/C sailing mast rake (>5deg) has been slow accelerating out of tacks (& starts). Model boats normally tack on every shift, on average 6-12 per weather leg. So you gain 6-12 seconds which is all you need say if you are match racing. The model boat is extremely sensitive to adjustments of CE and is done by moving the mast base 1/4"-1/2" fore or aft, NOT mast rake. I don't see America's Cup boats using a huge amount of mast rake (>5deg) for tacking, so I believe scaling this up to larger boats applies? In a light wind with moderate chop where acceleration and power is needed the boat with the mast rake (>5 deg) would loose.

>There is really no difference here. Just smoke and mirrors.<
Is this a professional comment? I'm SUPPRISED to read a comment such as this coming from a person I regarded.