You are looking to find a solution for a problem that doesn't exist. Bill says that it does exist on non ARC boats like I-17, I-20 and Stealth while various I-17, Stealth, I-20 etc sailors and designers have said that it doesn't.

It now all comes down to who you believe most.

I had enough of the shared lift farytale. I think John Pierce said it right, we are really talking about the same thing here.

Loading up the rudders by mast rake or loading up the rudders by placing the daggerboards forward both lead to the same end result.

>I was curious if two wells would work well for cruising, recreational sailing, and long distance racing where it might >offer a very light touch both upwind and downwind for long legs avoiding any strain on the skipper

You have begun to buy into the Fairytale. Don't you see ? Why can you balances the rudders to remove the feel of the big weather helm that is part of "shared lift principle" as a direct result of the board placement but can't use the same principle of balanced rudders to relieve the stain on the skippers of other boats as well.

There is really no difference here. Just smoke and mirrors.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands