Hi Jake,
All of the SC design work and tooling building was done back in the late 1970s and early 1980s. This is long before there were any box rule design design classes.
When I was doing my bech cat design work, the contest was about speed not efficiency.
But speaking of efficiency: The RC30 has a PN of 54, same as a Formula 40. The RC30 is 30ft long vs 40ft for the F40. A new carbon RC30 with trailer, beach wheels, an extra siut of sails, spare battens, outboard motor, life jackets, trapeze belts, gloves, tool box and hand tools, anchor and line, lights and navigation charts, everything one could possibly need for the boat costs less than $100,000. A new F40 costs over a million dollars. Now, how's that for efficiency, Jake?
Bill
PS You Applaud the M20. I do too. The unique thing about the M20 is its weight, 150 pounds less than a Tornado or 200 pounds less than an I20 or N6.0 and you do not mention that. Why not? Do you have any idea what it would cost to take 200 pounds off the weight of an I20 or N6.0?