Originally Posted by I W S Dennis

Everyone knows this race is under your own decisions, any body who races can decide to come ashore but will fall behind in the race. Your decision! And another thing, everybody had plenty of warning and time to to have their boats measured, but chose to have it done on the Monday before the race.i say it is no fault of the RC. Now they have a year notice to get a certificate. Wonder how many will show up on Monday the day before.
As for the race, a lot of people went home with a lot of stuff! There were more sponsors than we have ever had, and this is all the comments?
Boy , like I said , if you want to add to the race, bring it and come help us make it better, but don't complain. And by the way, wait till you see the video that was captured, it is being edited now, but we don't have the budget to have a team of editors working all the way through the race. Maybe if the entry fee was $1500 we might be able to suit your every whim! Let's see how many meals were covered ? What do you think every cent was spent on? I Think the sailors received more in this race than any race in recent history. Or would you rather have an empty wine bottle with a sticker.!!
Dennis

This isn't a meant to be a complaint. These are some of the things I think the race would benefit from with improvements. Sunday morning there talks about extending it and going further and further, but I think for now you should focus on building what you have before trying to make this another 500 mile race.