Glad no one was hurt... sad to see that carbon mast snapped....
this is pretty typical late-May weather for us here in fl.... any reason why this even cant be done in april to greatly reduce the risk of extreme weather ???

Originally Posted by BLR_0719
We got beached for 3 hours during a big lightning storm and have video of lightning hitting so close that Jacob felt the shock go up his arm (the same strike that sent the Dutch running and consequently their boat sailing off).

Two days later another F18 beached for an hour because a storm brought some big winds.

We had three straight days where we sailed directly into some very nasty weather. Lightning, hail, 30-35knt winds with cloud rotation (we thought a tornado was forming on top of us). It wasn't just a one-off, rouge weather incident--it was three days in a row and there were more moments than I'm comfortable with where I thought we seriously might be in trouble. It made me wonder what happens if the next storm is even bigger.

I remember coming into the beach Friday just after genuine survival mode and hail whipping me across the face for thirty minutes ....