my 2 cents;

1 - The people that put on this race are really overtasked. It's a lot of work and there aren't many people to do it. Seriously. I just PRO'd a Flying Scot District Championship and I would have been sunk if I was limited to the number of people that the Florida 300 has pitching in. Factor in that arrangements have to be made at each stop with local municipalities and hotels well AHEAD of time AND the relative low attendance (and budget) of a race like this and you should start to really appreciate the dedication and significant no-charge dedication that the organizers put into it.

2 - That said, publication of the event is important. It is important to the sponsors and it's important to people that might potentially do the race in the future that aren't sailing in it now. I really didn't sniff around much during the event but I suspect that there was more information over at the Beachcats site, and Facebook, that most of us here weren't aware of. I come here for my information on this race and it wasn't here (we should have probably just shared links here ourselves)

A lot of people clearly care about this race and the real question is how to get more contributing hands into the mix that can improve it in the right areas. Bickering and getting feathers ruffled isn't going to fix anything.

Jake Kohl