Originally Posted by mummp
Originally Posted by Lost in Translation
I believe Kirk at Key Sailing now has the two test kites for new development. Trey and I had them at an event at Nigel's in the late fall but they were rigged for end pole snuffer so that we couldn't try them. We put one up in the parking lot and noticed the luff was significantly shorter. Hard to see a lot else without any wind. Should be a lot easier on the spin poles though by not requiring as much pre-bend.

I believe the new kite is coming out soon but don't know the dates. I've asked Trey to give an update.

"Rumor" has it that the "test kites" were simply NOS spins sent out, hence the patches for end pole. Why would an updated spin under development be patched for end pole?

The kite, main, jib that Kirk has is for the aluminum rig, which has a spin hound lower than the carbon rigs. They are beautiful sails. The aluminum rig provided jib was used at Tradewinds on a carbon rig with the aftermarket main.

MummP-Rumors are just that, rumors. You asked this specific question at Tradewinds and I told you the answer.
The test chutes were endpole setups because the test boat at E/P has an endpole system. Most of the N20's in CA are still endpole setups.

The new spinnaker is coming out this quarter and will hopefully be available by the end of February. When I have a hard date for the release, I'll be sure to post it on Catsailor.
If all goes well, the new main and jib will be out first quarter of 2012, potentially last quarter of this year.

My email address is: velocitytrey (at) gmail.com. Anyone feel free to email me if you have questions regarding the N20 and I'll make sure you have the honest answer, no rumors here.

So what are you guys with open sails going to do when the updated E/P sails beat you around the course? smile

I love this boat!

Trey