"Bottom line question; Trey, what was the complete cenario regarding the purchase of the sails that you are currently sailing with, begining with placing your order {details like, were they cut specially for your weight?} and ending with recieving them?"

In November of 2008 I wanted a new set of sails (just main and jib). I called Jack and told him that I was going to buy a new set, but I wanted it to be in smoke and white colors (Mike Krantz had the first set made, then me, then Jake, and then me again). Jack knew that smoke fabric wasn't available, or at least that E/P didn't have any. I called Skip at E/P and and got all the info for the cloth: manufacturer, model, cloth weight, etc. I told skip I'd find the fabric, he could order what he needed, and then I could have my smoke/white main. I found the cloth on the east coast up in NE somewhere and put Skip in touch. I kept in touch with Jack regarding the progress of the sails and when they'd be shipping them. They didn't get them finished in time to send to my house, so Jack shipped them to me for pickup at Tradewinds 2009. Jamie Livingston and I used them for the first time at that regatta.
They are not recut sails.
They are not cut to any specific weight.
They are not a new sailplan.
They are 100% the same as any of you can buy right now.
I did not buy them from E/P. My only involvement with Skip was to find the cloth.
Any more questions?

Devon, I'm sorry your thread has been hijacked. If you would like some solid advice on square top sails, I suggest you call Skip Elliot at E/P sails or maybe Jay Glaser with Glaser sails. Either of these 2 people will be more than willing to share unbiased, up-to-date info on what you're seeking.

Alright, who's next?

Trey