Originally Posted by Ventucky Red

Not even close, I take you have never been to a Laser or a J-24 protest meeting. Hell, Trey would have been protested on the beach and disqualified from even coming to the start line if the sails we're in the least bit in question/suspect. I would rather be Mubarak waking down the main street of Cairo then be on that hot seat - they through stuff at ya, spit in your face, key your car, kick you dog, and.........!

An accusation does not merit a DSQ. Every protest hearing I've been a part of, including lasers, only results in a DSQ in the case of finding fault in a proper hearing or after both parties agree to arbitration

If a boat doesn't pass class measurement/inspection, it won't be allowed to race. For a Laser, that would include making sure it has an authentic class button on the sail. For the Nacra 20, everything from the horse's mouth says Trey's gear would pass a measurement/inspection no problem. Do you not agree?

There is no sail button on the Nacra 20, but even if you contested Trey was still not telling the truth, do you think E/P would make a non-legal set of sails and risk the bad will of the class? Remember, this is the sailmaker that gave those who broke a kite in Tybee '09 a free replacement. I was very impressed. I'm have been further impressed that they are developing updated sails for a class that is relatively small and not growing, especially when I don't see many new sails during class races. All of the development is happening on the West Coast so we don't see it, but it is great to know that a new kite is coming out followed by other portions of the wardrobe. I hope the class rewards their work with some purchases.

BTW, Laser sailors are hoping to get a new full rig sail after 40 years of sailing and ~ 200,000 boats. Last I heard it was just about to be released.