Which big boat, cruising or something hoping to be home in less than 48 days with a broken curved foil at the moment?

I'll answer my questions

1) I sold the boat, no cash to keep it to my standards of race ability, and no matter how great the N20 is, its dying with the F20c and the F18's taking over. I can't afford either of those until I get a real job (aka never since the word from the top is "there are no jobs in aerospace")

2) I gave up on R&D when I out climbed a double trapped F18 under spinnaker with the N20 double trapped under spinnaker. I also managed to gain then hold off Mischa, bow out below him, for 1 mile or so at the start of the Cocoa Beach to Daytona leg of the Tybee. It was light conditions, the 20 was powered up nicely and we were heading upwind, the only point of sail and wind conditions I can actually round the mark in the top 1/3rd of the fleet in. The 20 is fast as is, if Mischa was on a 20 he still would have beaten Trey. Its the nut on the end of the tiller, who also happens to control his mast rake and diamond wire tension on the day of the race, who makes a fast boat go.

On that note, if anyone needs crew for Tybee on a 20 or F18 please let me know. I'll cover my expenses, logistics through Velocity, and I've done the race before, kept the hulls, dagger boards, and sails in one piece, and actually managed to finish higher than DFL.

-Sam