Originally Posted by BLR_0719
Bottom line is Trey is not a cheater. The conspiracy theorists need to find solace in the reality that his sails are legal and have no competitive edge.

I believe that. BUT, it is a bit suspect for someone to show up with new sails cut from cloth that had been unavailable to anyone else for 2 years. Trey told me that he tracked down the last purchaser of the smoke pentex and got Skip to buy it and make a sail for him. I think the issue is, could anyone have done this or did you need to be a "class rep"? The fact that basically the only thing he has done as "class rep" is to try to push the sail development (big props to him for this) and the info has not been coming to the class members leaves a few folks seeing the position as self serving. There really has been no updates on anything(state of the class,progress , ...) he's told me this stuff personally so I don't really have a problem with any of that, we just see different paths for the class. Personally., I see him as the scapegoat/fallguy for some one above him. If I had a problem with his sails , they would have been ,or will be protested. Simple as that.

Now, if we want to talk about Bailey....

Todd Hart

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White