Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever

I believe that. BUT, it is a bit suspect for someone to show up with new sails cut from cloth that had been unavailable to anyone else for 2 years. Trey told me that he tracked down the last purchaser of the smoke pentex and got Skip to buy it and make a sail for him. I think the issue is, could anyone have done this or did you need to be a "class rep"? The fact that basically the only thing he has done as "class rep" is to try to push the sail development (big props to him for this) and the info has not been coming to the class members leaves a few folks seeing the position as self serving. There really has been no updates on anything(state of the class,progress , ...)

. . . and it's just that simple, or maybe not. Makes me wonder how many sails including jibs and spins were privileged to Trey and the Velocity Sailing Team, and through what channels. Notice the main on Don's boat (sail #8008) also has the mixed colored cloth similar to Trey's. Link here. Were these sails purchased through a dealer?

Early posts indicate that new cut spins are in Trey's possession since fall. The class really has been in the dark about it. Who's testing, what regattas, how did they perform? Why haven't they been available to others to use? Two weeks ago I purchased a class spin. Last night I get the N20 group posting about the new flatter cut spin is to release end of this month, making my spin outdated before I get to sail it at the next regatta (Performance Midwinters). Phucking great! . . .and you wonder why folks are going open.

BTW, I love the N20 too. I bought it to race SMOD.

Philip
USA #1006