Where Trey bought his sails from, frankly, is his own damn business. Even if Trey purchased directly from E/P, I highly, highly doubt they would make a custom set without forking over some R&D money, and what exactly would be the point? Trey races, and has won, every major N20 regatta in the U.S, risking that reputation on some custom sails is frankly stupid.

In addition, I have personally handled every sail in Trey's inventory prior to the start of the Tybee. I have measured my sails against his sails. They were damn close given that mine were stretched out 3 year old sails, essentially rags by comparison to the brand new ones Trey was using.

These boats are complicated, over powered, fast SOB's. They take hard work, years of practice to become proficient at sailing, and compared with most of you I know damn little about sailing them fast. I do know that the vast majority of the class is a trustworthy bunch of individuals that would make no attempt to hide a custom batch of sails, mostly because the rest of us are curious to know if they really are any faster.

Scorpion F18