Originally Posted by TeamChums
I'm at work - and I'll admit that I didn't do a thorough examination of the rules where it says "you must buy from a dealer." In fact, I did a search for "dealer" on that page and it doesn't appear in the whole body of the document.

Ok, I see that now too. BUT, point is, when the rest of us (I haven't yet but will soon) try to buy direct from E/P, we get the old "call your dealer" response. Here's the caveat; You can get a sail for a N6.0 or 5.8, ect. directly from E/P as long as it's NOT a class sail (square top). They have no problem doing custom work.

Lee, I see what you're trying to say here. That because Trey supposedly went direct to EP that they considered it "custom work" and therefore the sail is not "class legal".

By all means, next Tybee go ahead and protest Trey for his supposedly non-class legal sail that wouldn't measure in because its supposedly "custom work." We'll get a measurer over and clear this up toot suite.

Then we'll go ahead and have a look at all the sails in the fleet at that point - and I'm 125% positive that you wont find an illegal sail in the Velocity stable. Check our boxes too - there are no skeletons there to be found.