Day 2… relatively boring compared to the ride we had on Saturday. As you know the breeze was on the nose with good pressure and since you’ve done this race before you know traversing the flats going upwind is a pain in the a$$! From our vantage point (behind) it looked like all the leaders made quick work of the flats including Ricky. While going through the second flat of the day (the one where almost everyone takes the channel), I got us out of the channel and found the bottom forcing us to jibe away because there was no way we were going to be able to tack without boards. Karl got the worst of it and ended up flipping when they found the bottom. Ricky, Jake, Karl, SC22 and us were all right there in the channel together and it made for some sporty close quarters sailing and those that worked the channel clean made huge those that f’d up (me and Karl) got left behind. The canals were surprisingly easy this year, as we entered the canal the wind would clock hard right which allowed us to sail the canal on a single tack, we even had the spin up for a short period. Jake/Frank and Ricky/Brendon sailed a really clean race on Sunday and it showed.

I’m happy to report that on Friday that everything went without a hitch at Gilberts, but the guys they hired as security on Sunday were a just a bit over the top (little men with a little power). It was a great weekend and an amazing sail. We could not have asked for better weather and hopefully that great weather will make an appearance next month at Tradewinds.

Moss man before you get your carbon fiber panties in a wad, I didn't mention you guys because we barely saw you guys. Once I can't see you I'm not racing you anymore. Stay were I can see you and I'll say nice things about you (Ricky that rule doesn't apply to you).

By the way Ricky, this is Steeplechase number two where I’ve made you my b!tch. You really need to step up your game you are starting to bore me.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"