mark,
When was the last time you filed for an insurance claim.

umm... Labor Day... ... Sheer incompetence by the YC appointing an ignorant PRO setting up a lose lose lose situations on the water..... Should have retired after two races death reaching head on at Chesapeake 20's and Albacores ........ the 4th race took me out.

I made a mistake... I was so flipping mad that I did not follow the process all the way through.... There was no dispute between me and the other skipper and he took liability and responsibility.. (no insurance problems.. that is not the case at steeplechase) BUT... the mistake I made was not completing the game and having the score sheet reflect his RAF and my redress given... And I missed the opportunity to hold the YC accountable for the bozo they put in charge.

The crash results effect everyone's scores and that is the game... so... I screwed the game up a bit.

(I only realized my mistake after getting spoken to by the fleet elders in a big boat class for letting a sailor get away with a foul (he was in contention for silver we were new) .... They were very clear... this fleet does not play the game that way... its not fair to the fleet...Our pass meant that Port took no turns and won. AND... if you get away with it in a 2 knot drifter.... do you try it at 15 knotts when you could kill somebody??... They want bright lines in that fleet... set by the RRS)

How bad can it get...See Jack's comments about Waves barging and playing bumper boats... no fouls called..... he draws a thread to the steeple chase crash... OOPS!

crac.sailregattas.com