Originally Posted by mbounds
Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever
Originally Posted by Undecided
If you're so concerned about beachcat sailing "going legit" perhaps you should start by participating in a class that didn't become popular by operating outside the establishment during its genesis.

Clearly the effort to legitimize cat sailing as an olympic sport has caused some of community to sacrifice the grassroots adventurist spirit on the altar of establishment approval.

If the price of admission to the Olympics is the firesale of the beachcat renegade character, is it really worth it?

BRAVO
Is it really worth it. I think not. Who cares, we've done our own thing forever.

Oh, come on Todd! First you bitch about being tossed out of the Olympics and now you reject the baggage that comes with being in the 5-ring circus? crazy You can't have your cake and eat it, too.

I don't recall any of this hoop jumping BS when the Ts were in the Olympics and honestly don't see why it's so important to the "Multihull community" It'll be important to one man and one woman. The bitching I have is more about US Sailing stabbing us in the back and sorry but I probably won't "get over it".

End of Hi-jack from me.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White