Originally Posted by cyberspeed
The RRS requires responsibility on the part of the sailors... This is enforced by peer pressure and your integrity... When you don't have agreement on facts... It won't be pretty.

I can guarantee if he doesn't make it right, I will personally see that he is not allowed to race any distance races I see him entered into.

Oh for gods sake... you can't do this... The RRS don't allow you to discriminate...
Do you really want to run another race under cowboy rules...(there are no rules)?

Do you really plan to live life as chief judge and executioner for all distance racing entries?

If you think you have a case, you have to make it to US Sailing to get him tossed.... . but this race was not run using those rules.
oops!!!

Todd... the reason you have US sailing is to have a choice between... Lynch Mob and Protest Committee, run by a US Sailing trained judge with a backup of an appeal process.
They are ALL VOLUNTEERS and take it SERIOUSLY. Oh... and they expect us to act in good faith and be adults!

When I go to a regatta... I expect the OA to run the race by the book. That means... a qualified judge and pro.
Life is short.... I don't need to race in cowboy events with frontier justice... or as JW puts... justice in the sand!

crac.sailregattas.com