Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger
not sure I like depowering the two up boats. I sail HEAVY two up.

Y'all just need to man up. Sure there's conditions that I wouldn't go out singlehanded that I would two up, but for the most part I'm happy with how I stack up singlehanded against the two up boats. Its not easy, but I've done well singlehanded. I'd also say I finish more constantly singlehanded

Sailing heavy dual handed is probably pushing the weight envelope a little too far for a F16 boat, then you state that you do better more consistantly single handed, isn't that sort of supporting the argument that you may just need a bigger boat when dual handing..

Those in the heavier weight catagory as a solo can often find with all there sailing gear they are up around 100kgs often racing against a dual pair of 120kgs all up, with all the extra drive of the sail area, but then this is not unique in a lot of sport, where ones physique has far more impact than we would expect

"Manning up" is not going to help I'm afraid, the difference between the boats is just too wide at the moment. It would be an interesting experiment for the class to allow an open sail plan for the single handers up to the dual limits, for a few years just to see what the impact would be, nothing gained nothing lost to at least try it out.