Okay. Fair enough. But I do think people like finding excuses for their ability to suck.

While I do agree there is an disadvantage hands wise, I don't think there is a disadvantage boat wise. Sure some things could be optimized a bit better with a purpose built singlehander, but you'd still be short that extra set of hands, and eyes. And, you'd probably end up with a boat that would suck balls with two people on it, or not even be able to handle having two people on it. Which is fine if you're okay with having big money stuck into two boats.

You either dissolve the F16 thing and start new, (not a fan of this option), or you work a bit harder to make up for that lack of someone to talk to. Maybe I'm an anomaly, but everything pretty much averages out for me where I finish in the two configurations.

Maybe next year I'll do F16 Nationals singlehanded and see what happens. That second set of eyes is why I typically do big events two up. You are blind when you are on the wire going downwind. I don't need a high speed collision to ruin my week, or worse someone else's.

I'm boatless.