Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger

So have we come up with a list of desirable singlehanded boat qualities that fall within the current rules set yet?

For the moment can we forget about the current rule set and just propose a design for a good 16ft single hander, once we establish what are desirables then we can work backwards to how those desirables can integrate into the F16 rule set.

Something which is totally heresy to the class is weight, perhaps we need to be increasing the weight of the single hander to perhaps 125kgs or even more, hull shapes ( water drag ) don't seem to mind the extra weight, we would get a much more pitch resistance shape and suddenly the SCHRS handicap would reduce down to a point where the solo could be competitive.

Its not my ideal as I'm a weight weeny when building stuff but having now sailed a much heavier boat with a modern rig set up, I have to say I was quite impressed on just how it just trucked on through everything and rather than quick bursts of speed, just maintained a very high average speed. It was not a thrilling boat to sail mind you in comparison to the hotrods we sail.