I don't touch the boards. If I need them up, I've found I need them up all the way around the course. I'm sure some adjustment would be beneficial, but too much grip upwind, tends to be too much down wind. Same with outhaul, I don't touch it hardly at all. I pretty much set it on the beach unless something drastic changes. Outhaul doesn't seem to have much effect on these boats.

I also use a couple of set of boards depending on the conditions. I pull mast rotation back on, downhaul on a bit while the spinnaker is still up. Usually at this point I've cooled the boat down a bit, and I'm just about to douse anyways. All depends on the conditions, heavier air I'm cooling down sooner for the gate. If you get the sheeting right, and the traveller set right, the boat will actually round the mark while you are dousing. If you're too slow, or something goes wrong though, then it'll be on its way to going head to wind, and that's not fast either.

One thing I don't think we'll ever see, is a single hander flying a hull the entire time during a douse or hoist like the extremely good two up sailors can. I can't do it even with crew. That **** takes some practice! More time than I've got anyways. lol

I'm boatless.