And what about the Hobie Class Association? Does HCA send articles to the major sailing magazines about all the major Hobie regattas -- Worlds, North Americans, Regional Championships? Maybe Bob Merrick could be in charge of this kind of thing -- he does a great job with the writing.

I guess that since I send articles to major sailing magazines (and some minor one too) then the HCA does. After all the HCA is nothing more or less than its members. Some of the volunteers are given titles for their volunteer work and some are not but that doesn't change the fact that they are just sailors like everyone else. What's my point? If you want the HCA to promote Hobie Sailing and you're a class member then it's time to get to work. I started working to promote the Hobie 16 class by writing stories and getting results posted long before I had any official title. I just did it because I thought it should be done. That's the way this thing works. If you want something to get done you either do it or find someone to do it. The fundamental problem is that too many people don't make this connection.

Mary, I'm glad you enjoy my writing. I enjoy doing it.

BTW: Here's a hint, posting on Cat Sailor doesn't count.

PS: Bob Merrick is in charge to too much already.

PPS: If you would like to volunteer to work on promoting your class but don't know where to start send me an e-mail (my address is in the HCA News) and I will give you what guidance I can.

Bob Merrick