Matt, I totally understand the reason to stop production, simple supply and demand. The rotos are what sell in quantity and are obviously cheaper to produce therefore a higher margin. I think the mistake was made when HCA demanded that only Hobie boats could compete in HCA events. I can only assume that was a last ditch effort to sell alot of boats for a product line that was already on the brink. Could better product development have saved it? We'll never know. Personally I think it was the wrong move, and it alienated many sailors, and potential customers. I think the market is small for the higher performance boats, at least here in the U.S. Catamaran racing seems to be much bigger in Europe. Sorry to see the line shrink further, I think it's only a sign of things to come.

P.S. there are alot of sailors who wanted a spin rigged 20 footer. I'm 215 lbs. and if I want crew I need a 20 footer. As I recall it was the comptip that killed the fox. Made it too hard to trim. The what if the tiger had one??? Where would it be?

Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won't expect it back.