I don't have the money to buy new boats. But I have good boats because good boats were built and on sold. That gives new boat buyers a market to sell into so they can afford to upgrade. Or do you give your second hand boats away? So the three boats I have are still inservice, highly maintained and have many years left in them. The purchasing and maintaining of them directly contributes to the compaines thanks. The eco-footprint the companies have in these three boats is minimised by the long life potential people like me put into them.
Do you imagine I would EVER buy a second hand Getaway? It is the Skoda of 16 foot boats for gods sake; it's freezing, winter and raining and I'll bitch about whatever I like.

Hehe I can see why you probably don't have the money for new boats. It's very easy to give advice to others in what to do with their $$$ but it's not so easy whey you are in the hot seat. In your list I didn't see any Hobie products in the boats you previously owned and think your chip about hobie-cat would prevent that from happening no matter what they built.

As for the Getaway, what's wrong with it? It has a target market and seems to fit the bill nicely. Can't see me buying one either new or old either but I'm not the target.

Tiger Mike