Questions for Global Warming Skeptics:

(Note to others: If you believe that man-made global warming is real, PLEASE DO NOT participate in this discussion or debate the issue, no matter how great the temptation. That is not the purpose of the posting.)

My personal disclosure: (I’ll limit the details, as not to be an ego trip.) I’m extensively trained in the sciences and have participated in both academic and industrial research. I have been closely familiar with the theory of human-caused global warming due to excess greenhouse gasses, for 40 years. I’ve seen a lot of the data up close and know some of the frontline researchers related to climate and ice. I’ve had a very small part in getting some of this information out to the general public.

Now, if you have any reasonable understanding of the “scientific method”, you know it is impossible to prove or disprove the theory of man-made global warming, to the rigorous requirements applied to most scientific experimentation. We lack the necessary experimental control. The experimental control needed would be an identical solar system to our own containing an ‘earth’ where humans don’t put crap in the air. This is impossible. The best that can be done is to accumulate a preponderance of evidentuary data, that convinces enough people to use the political system to implement a political policy.

(Enough of me blowing wind.)

I would like to ask the wide variety of Global Warming Skeptics, what data, evidence, anecdotes, or strange occurrences, would definitely cause you to say, “You know, I’m beginning to think this man-made global warming thing, might be real” ?

Jeff Peterson
H-16 Sail #23721
Big Marine Lake, MN