(Time to get this thread back on track.)

To the Skeptics who took my question seriously, thank you. I would like to return to the original question. So far, it appears that the level of scientific evidence that could chamge your opinions has not been met. Some of you believe the warming is real, but natural; others are skeptical of the existance of warming. --Question: If many of your favored scientists changed their positions, would that affect your personal opinion?

Global warming theory predicts a variety of future adverse events. If some of these events start appearing, would that affect your personal opinion? How severe would those events need to be to cause you concern? As examples:

--Would a complete summer melt-out of the Arctic sea ice, within the next ten years, cause concern?

--Would a one foot rise in sea level by the year 2025 cause concern?

Thank you for taking my questions as sincere. And, yes there are events that could cause me to reconsider my current opinion. A 15-year cooling period, with advancing glaciers, could have me rethinking. But, a 5-year cooling period after a volcanic eruption wouldn’t sway me.

Jeff Peterson
H-16 Sail #23721
Big Marine Lake, MN