As always I do an analysis on the results (mostly to fine tune some performance models I play with for fun). And here are the REAL elapsed time results for this Tybee 500 event. Note that this means that the penalties has been deducted from the awarded finish times. However, the times spend on repairs and getting stranded in the surf are still included. It is impossibe for me to proper butts those delays. Most Carrie Howe and John Casey suffer from that as we know they spend about 2 hours fiddling with their rudders and that costs then 2nd place in my listing.

So here goes

One conclusion can be that it is pretty viable to race the F18's straight up against the N20's in a race like this. The spread of boats does not suggest that this is a serious factor in the overall result. Something that the handicapped results (See the official Tybee site or click here ) do not support with respect to handicapping. There it seems the F18's have a significant advantage as they are all grouped at the top of the score board. In that listing there are 4 F18's in places 1st to 4th and all but 1 F18 are in the top 8 places with only place 5 and 6 going to N20 crews.

All very interesting.

Wouter

Attached Files
Last edited by Wouter; 05/17/09 07:36 AM.

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands